Main Place of Work: Employability Solutions Liverpool, multi-sites.
Responsible to: SENDCo
Employment Contract: Term Time + 5 days (40 weeks)
Hours: 35 hours, Monday to Friday
Purpose of the post:
Support teaching staff to meet the needs of students through the implementation of agreed learning strategies and support both in and out of the classroom, either in whole class, small group or one to one work.
Provide detailed and specialist skills / knowledge within the field of SEND (Special Educational Needs or Disabilities).
Responsibilities of the post:
- Develop, with the support of the Teacher, HLTA and/or SENDCo, targeted interventions, strategies and clear plans of support that enable students to meet their Individual Learning Objectives and report on the progress.
- Develop and adapt resources for use with students that maximise learning outcomes.
- Monitor student’s responses to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher.
- Support the teacher with effective classroom management, including behaviour management, completion of registers, resource management and general cleanliness and tidiness.
- Contribute to planning and project ideas and update display boards with students work / topical content.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and events including open days, presentation evenings etc.
- Share timely information with the team and update the school management systems with daily observations.
- Contribute to student reviews (EHCP, annual, ILP’s etc) by responding to requests for information and providing regular feedback on students’ learning.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities.
- Assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including before and after school, and at breaks and lunch times where required.
- Accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Provide cover where required in the event of staff shortages.
- Support, uphold and contribute to the development of ES policies and procedures.
- Provide timely responses to emails or requests for information from the wider team and SLT.
- Manage your online calendar and ensure important deadlines are met, seeking support where required.
- Commitment to your own continuous professional development (CPD).
- Take an active part in appraising own work as part of the annual appraisal process.
- Attend company training days, team coaching, INSET days and meetings as required.
- Access 1:1 coaching and support.
- Live and breathe ES Company Values.
Closing date for applications is the 18th of September 2022. Please email your CV and a copy of the completed application form to HR@Employabilitysolutions.com.