Salary: £16,810 – £18,491 (actual salary) (FTE 19207 – 21450)
Location:20 Greenhead Road, Huddersfield, HD1 4EN / 3a Union Bank Yard, New Street, Huddersfield HD1 2BP
Closing Date: 18.09.22
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Contract Type: Term time + 5 days (40 weeks)
The main purpose of this role is to provide an efficient and courteous reception service, a high standard of administrative support to the school and to senior leaders within the Student Services and SEND departments, as well as some financial administration such as petty cash and budgeting.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a front office that promotes a professional image of the school and effectively upholds school systems and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Being the first point of contact for parents, schools and other professionals.
- Developing a positive, welcoming and caring environment in the front office – greeting all incoming students, families and guests respectfully and professionally.
- Processing telephone calls and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Recording and distributing incoming mail and parcels and organisation of external post.
- Ensuring that face to face enquiries from visitors, parents, staff and students are dealt with appropriately and that the schools visitors’ procedure is strictly followed.
- Providing first aid if necessary and manage medication administration records
- Being aware of and follow the school’s emergency procedures, for example fire evacuation
- Being able to operate standard office equipment
- Managing a small petty cash budget and keep accurate records of spend
- Updating the school’s MIS system daily with attendance and other information as required
- Supplies management and re-ordering, i.e. stationary, SEND resources, etc.
Administrative support to the Student Services and SENDCo’s:
- Ensure student attendance is recorded and communicated on time, and in accordance with the schools and Local Authority reporting procedures. Monitor and report on student absences.
- Make daily welfare calls and escalate concerns to the Student Services Manager
- Process / prepare documentation as required, e.g., letters, reports, emails, collation of data.
- Support senior leaders with appointments, scheduling and updating calendars.
- Attend team meetings and be responsible for recording and storing accurate minutes
- Collate necessary paperwork in preparation for meetings such as annual reviews, TAF’s etc as requested
- Liaise with external agencies and professionals as appropriate
- Input information onto the school’s MIS database and extract information and reports as required.
- Support with the organisation of school trips, visits and events.
- Respond to routine correspondence and requests for information, taking into consideration GDPR and confidentiality.
- Allocate and prioritise incoming work effectively.
Support to the Finance Manager:
- Undertake routine cash handling duties, including weekly petty cash requests and keeping accurate records of spend
- Reimbursement of expenses e.g., student bus fares, resources etc.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Attend all scheduled training courses, team meetings and inset days as required
- Commitment to your own personal and continuous professional development.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required commensurate with the scale and function of the post.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A keen and capable administrator, preferably with experience of working in an education environment.
- An excellent standard of English and a conscientious approach to ensuring school communication is professional and accurate.
- Qualification or willingness to work towards a related qualification
- Experience of using school information systems e.g., Eduspot, Evolve, etc
- Friendly, approachable, flexible with a can-do attitude. Pro-active with a bucket load of initiative!
In return we will: –
Provide a full training and development plan alongside a full safeguarding and company induction. Excellent support and mentoring. Access to a workplace pension scheme and other benefits.
This role will be subject to an English and Maths assessment.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a completed application from via email to HR@employabilitysolutions.com
Closing date for Applications will be Sunday 18th September 2022