“Staff routinely go the extra mile to help families so that pupils can overcome their often considerable barriers to learning…”
“Pupils make considerable improvements in their attendance after starting the school…”
“Safeguarding and pastoral care are excellent. Pupils are protected and well supported by a vigilant and caring staff, who have their interests at heart…”
Alternative to, not less than
Employability Solutions is a registered Independent School offering an alternative secondary education for young people who thrive in a smaller, more nurturing setting than mainstream schools.
“I went to 9 different schools before I came to ES. I never thought I would stick at education, but it was different here…they made me take responsibility for my own actions. I learned so much by going through the mistakes process with the staff.”
At ES we believe one size does not fit all. Our curriculum is underpinned by a desire to enable all students to develop their personal, social, academic and employability skills to a level which enables them to lead meaningful, independent and happy lives. All our education programmes are flexible, individually tailored and give young people the opportunity to explore a range of vocational pathways which sets them up for their future.
“I was reluctant to agree to move Liam out of mainstream but I’m so glad I did. Employability Solutions was the best thing that happened to us all as a family, not just for Liam. I felt staff at ES understood our needs and listened to us. Liam’s anxiety settled, his attendance improved, and he passed his exams. Honestly, if it was not for the team at ES never giving up and not stopping believing in Liam, I dread to think where he may have ended up Liam chose to stay on and do 6th form at ES and is now settled on a construction course and is loving it”.
What we offer
- Nationally Accredited Qualifications Foundation level up to level 2 qualifications
- Vocational Skills Tasters in a range of occupational sectors linked to the world of work
- Transition & Careers Education Help to plan for the future and support to take next steps Managed Work Experience Realistic work placements with supportive mentors from local employers
- Supported Employment For young people aged 16-24 with an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
How to refer
- Parent / Carers are welcome to call to arrange an informal chat to find out more information and take a look around the centre.
- School / SEN Education Officers / Agencies will need to complete a referral form available by emailing email@example.com
“Their conviction for keeping kids safe and never giving up on them is commendable”
“I believe that Alternative Education should be just that…’alternative to, not less than’ mainstream education. I have always been fiercely passionate about challenging conventional wisdom and doing things differently, and since opening the doors in 2012, with our unique approach, we have consistently produced excellent outcomes, both academic and pastoral for our students; transforming young lives and building resilient communities in the process.
Employability Solutions Limited
Company register no. 8012085
52 Wellington Street, Garston,
Liverpool, Merseyside L19 2LX
Tel: 0151 427 4193
20 Greenhead Road
Kirklees Site 2
3a Union Bank Yard,
Huddersfield HD1 2BP
Tel: 01484 506 307